Post Match Bullets – Chelsea
For the most part last night, I really enjoyed the game and thought The Rams gave a more than good account of themselves.
It was an absolute travesty that, at the exact point we had them wobbling, the officials took it away from us. Anyway here’s a few quick thoughts on the proceedings.
- Keogh was obviously at fault for the first goal but let’s not lose sight of the fact the ball broke to one of the best players in the world. Hazard made that goal look like a stroke into an empty net which of course it wasn’t.
- Considering the 5 players in front of them, I thought our midfield three were superb. Hughes in particular was outstanding and we must start with the same trio against Norwich.
- Drogba’s amazing ability to morph from someone with the strength of a superhuman alien from outer space to someone with the strength of a 10 year old girl when in an area he can win a dead ball really was something to be admired. Fair play though the one they scored was a beauty by Luis.
- If you think about it, up to the sending off, Chelsea didn’t actually carve out a clear chance aside from the goals. Did Granty even make a save? I guess that’s how they roll.
- The sending off was inexplicable and will surely be rescinded. It would have been harsh to send off Granty on that pitch (who was walking when the ref pulled out his Red) but you could half see that. I’m still not sure what Bucko actually did even now.
- As I said, it was such a shame as Derby and particularly Jordan Ibe had Chelsea on toast at that point and it was set up for a cracking crescendo. Imagine how Liverpool fans must have felt watching Ibe power through 4 Chelsea defenders when they’ve been watching Lambert and Balotelli lumping around for weeks!
- There seems to be a bit of noise around Chris Martin. I thought he played well last night, again considering who was marking him and the two monsters in front blocking his supply line. Let’s hope he’s not suspended for Saturday as he will surely go berserk against Norwich.
Ultimately it’s the second defeat of a big week. Although Steve talks about performance, what we need Saturday is 3 points and nothing less.
Normal Advent action resumes tomorrow. Come on you Rams!
Posted on December 17, 2014, in Derby County Advent Calendar 2014, Post Match Thoughts and tagged chelsea, derby county, Jake Buxton, jordan ibe, Lee Grant, Liverpool, ramspace, the rams. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.