Sheffield Utd Post Match Thoughts
For the first time since the Leeds game, Derby got what they deserved; which, on this occasion, was unfortunately nothing. Here’s my post match thoughts from Saturdays debacle.
- Sheffield United were easily the worst team we’ve played this season and are totally held together by Leon Britton (what a Bosman he would have been for us). If we’d played like this against Cardiff or QPR it would have been a cricket score.
- I’m totally on board with not signing players for the sake of it but to not have a recognised, fit, centre forward in our first team squad is simply unacceptable. The loan system was invented to provide short term help to cover injuries, suspensions etc, so what’s going on? Saturday proved we’ve been getting away with it with Moxey (that’s no slight on him by the way) and whilst I support the sale of Rob Hulse, imagine him on the end of the two crosses which went to Commons and Green.
- Robbie Savage is having a bad start to the season and he was really poor on Saturday. I’d rest him on Tuesday and get him fit and fired up for the weekend.
- On first glance, Bueno looks quality and definitely someone who can provide that elusive bit of magic. With more space in the next two away games, I think he might do some damage.
- Kris Commons again had a forgettable game. It’s great he’s playing, but we need more from him on a regular basis. I wonder if Clough really wants to negotiate his contract or if it’s just a means of protecting a saleable asset? On his day he’s a pure match winner at this level, but Saturday was screaming for a bit of magic to lift everyone and he simply didn’t ever look like providing it.
- To end on a positive, it’s our first bad performance of the season and we’ve got two games this week. Lets hope Saturday was just a bad day at the office and 4 points plus this week would be a good way to prove the point.